Get in touch
You business is very important to us. We will reply within 24hrs. If you don't get a reply, please check you spam mail. Reply address will be form [email protected]
We take a step-by-step approach
We design our courses to give you a mix of theory, practical assignments, discussion with other students in your group, and clear instructions on how to read each other’s work and give useful feedback notes. We take a step-by-step approach that helps build your knowledge gradually, as you develop and practice your writing skills.
My classroom will include lessons on all materials necessary to start, create and write a book. Or, to become a writer.
We use a variety of course materials, exercises and workshop techniques to make sure your learning experience is not only practical, easy to follow and interesting but also suits your individual learning style.
1. Learn: We give you the theory in the form of videos, podcasts, written lectures and reading extracts.
2. Practice: You put it into practice by completing the writing assignments.
3. Share: You share your work with the group.
4. Feedback: Your fellow learners read your work and give guided, professional-style feedback on your submission. Giving feedback notes helps to build your skills as an editor — a critical part of the writing process.
5. Discuss: You reflect on the exercises with the group and share what you’ve learned.
6. Review and improve: You use what you learned from the feedback and discussions to review your work and improve it.
• Do you have a great idea for a novel but don’t know where to start?
• Or maybe you’ve started a novel but got stuck with creating a plot or developing your characters?
• Do you want to become a writer, but don’t know how to start?
This 8-week online course, run by Empower Your Life LLC, will help you hone your idea, plan your plot, bring your characters to life, and learn to become a writer.
• Write fiction and would like to broaden your palette of techniques
• Are keen to master structure, characters, viewpoint, dialogue, and research
• Would like to assess your potential for working in long-form fiction
• Want to join a friendly and supportive group of learners
• Can dedicate 5-7 hours per week for the duration of the course
I will introduce you to the skills and techniques that will help you test your novel idea, plan your story and chapters, and be your guide to starting a writing career.
Are you ready to start your writing career? Or, become an author?
Sign up now for the 11/15/19 writers’ course.
Submissions must be in by the 10th of the Month.
Payments require a 25% deposit. Balance will be billed in 30 days from the day you pay.
Session 1: Introduction
Session 2: Thinking about ideas
Session 3: Honing your ideas
Session 4: Perfecting your protagonist Session 5: Point of view overview
Session 6: Nailing your narrative
Session 7: The role of the reader
Session 8: Researching techniques Session 9: The writing process
Session 10: Dialogue
Session 11: The publishing process Session 12: Rewriting and revising
• 5-7 hours per week to work through the course
• A notebook and pen or pencil, if you like to make notes by hand
• A laptop or computer* with:
* A reliable broadband internet connection
* Speakers or headphones
* The latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Safari
* Microsoft Word. If you don’t have this you can download Open Office free
* Adobe Reader, latest version. Download free
* QuickTime Player, latest version. Download free
You can access the course from a tablet or smartphone, but we recommend using a laptop or computer, as this makes it easier to share your work files with your writing group.